Thymosin Alpha-1 (aka TA-1) is a type of peptide that was originally isolated from the thymus gland helps regulate the immune response. It works as an enhancer to the Natural Killer (NK) system (i.e. the immune system in our bodies) and by stimulating stem cells and augmenting the production of new immune cells helps fight bacterial, fungal, or viral infections and tumor cells.
TA-1 was first discovered in the 1960s. It is naturally produced by the thymus and is classified as a thymic endogenous peptide and it is built of 28 amino acids. TA-1 serves as a signalling system to the thymus to release T-cells which help fight foreign bodies that cause damage thus fighting an infection of all types. In brief, TA-1 helps fight diseases.
TA is one of the peptides that’s FDA-approved (unlike BPC 157) and there is a lot of research in support of its benefits. Apart from its use in treating disease TA-1 can also help fight disease and infections by enhancing the production and release of T-cells.
Among the many benefits of, TA-1 are the following:
- TA-1restores the activity of NK (natural killer) cells which helps boost natural functional immunity and reduce inflammation in high-performing athletes;
- Improves workouts and recovery;
- Modulates immune system before taking BCP-157;
- People who have histamine issues can also have challenges when they start taking BPC 157 without preparation. TA1 or TB500 in combination is advisable alongside supplements to support the body;
- Serves as a preventative measure to help fight infection and diseases to increase resilience and performance;
- Helps prevent cell damage due to oxidative stress;
- Helps treat melanoma and autoimmune diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, etc.
It’s available as both injections (administered either subcutaneously or intramuscularly) and a nasal spray.
For patients less than 88 lb, the dose is: 250mcg (1mg) – 2 (2mg)
For patients less than 88 lb, the dose is: 40mcg
The frequency is twice a week for 6-12 months.
However, it’s best to consult your doctor for the right dosage according to your needs and the goal you’re trying to achieve by taking TA-1.
You can combine TA-1 with other peptides but it’s best to consult your physician before doing so.
Like other peptides, TA-1 is best stored in a refrigerator. For best results, store at 4°C or colder and away from direct sunlight or other bright lights. The dry version will be stable at room temperature for up to a few weeks but it’s preferable to store it at -20°C where it can last for several years.
Research links and references
- Daniel König, Jan Kohl, Simon Jerger and Christoph Centner Potential Relevance of Bioactive Peptides in Sports Nutrition Aloys Berg, Academic Editor, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8622853/
- Ge Wang, Fen He, Yunlong Xu, Yuwei Zhang, Xiao Wang, Chunhua Zhou, Yihong Huang, Juntao Zou, Immunopotentiator Thymosin Alpha-1 Promotes Neurogenesis and Cognition in the Developing Mouse via a Systemic Th1 Bias, PMID: 28780644, PMCID: PMC5725380, DOI: 10.1007/s12264-017-0162-x https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28780644/
- R King, C Tuthill, Immune Modulation with Thymosin Alpha 1 Treatment, PMID: 27450734, DOI: 10.1016/bs.vh.2016.04.003 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27450734/
Thymosin Alpha-1 (TA-1) is a 28 amino acid peptide derived from the thymus gland that has been widely used for its ability to promote healthy immune system function and maintain overall wellness. Research suggests it may also improve wound healing, reduce inflammation, promote cell regeneration, and enhance the body’s natural defenses against infection.
Subjects can expect enhanced immune system functioning and improved general health. Additionally, TA-1 may improve the body’s ability to repair tissues damaged by injury or disease, speed up recovery time, reduce inflammation, and enhance cell regeneration for overall wellness.
TA-1 targets the thymus gland, which helps regulate the body’s immune and endocrine systems. It enables the body to maintain a healthy balance of hormones which may improve overall health and wellness. Primarily, athletes use TA-1 to support enhanced immune system functioning and decrease inflammation.
In multiple preclinical studies, TA-1 was proven to support healthy immune system functioning and reduce inflammation. In a clinical trial, subjects reported improved wound healing abilities when using TA-1, leading to faster recovery from injury or disease.
TA-1 is often paired with other peptides, such as GHK-CU and BPC 157, for enhanced effects. These peptides work together to support healthy immune system functioning, reduce inflammation, improve wound healing, and promote cell regeneration. Additionally, TA-1 can be combined with supplements that may help enhance its beneficial effects, such as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.